Monday, November 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo

My friend Tara tells me that November is National Blog Posting Month. (I just had a little bet with myself that I couldn't make a sentence with three separate hyperlinks. But I did and I win!) It goes by the ridiculous acronym NaBloPoMo, and I have to applaud any organization that is willing to compromise its dignity that way. I really do.

So, in that vein, I'm getting in the game. I'll do my darnedest to post something every day, Monday through Friday (PSA: did you know that darnedest has that "e" in the middle? I did not. But spellchecker did!). Weekends do not count in my own NaBloPoMo celebration for the following reasons:
  1. My computer usually sits untouched and sadly neglected from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. I work all day in front of a computer and generally confine my online activities within that time frame. It's a habit I don't plan to change.
  2. I won't feel like it.
  3. It's my party and I can cry if I want to.
Join me in the November fun! Other blogging friends - play along!

*Side note*: I like to post with Courier New. I just do. It's a good font. And it makes me feel sort of vintage-y and romantic. Blogger isn't really feeling Courier New today. And if it thinks it isn't going to cooperate all month, it's got another thing coming. Consider this my public warning, Blogger: it's November, and I ain't messin' around.
Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that about "darnedest," so thank you for enlightening me. I appreciate your saying, "you've got another thing coming." I get mildly annoyed by people who think the expression is "you've got another think coming." Can't imagine thinking of anything interesting to blog about every day. I have enough trouble coming up with something once a week for our company site. It's a great challenge for you, however, and I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?