Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cold Tangerines




I love, love, love this book. A friend of mine gave it to me a few months ago and I drank it up. I loved it so much that I emailed the author and told her just how much I loved it (I never do that).

It's a book about celebration - about how life is meant to be not just lived but
lived - told in a series of funny and sad and beautiful personal essays.

It would make a fantastic Christmas present, book club pick, devotional, bedside standard or anything else you care to make it.
Throughout the holiday season, the author Shauna Niequest is offering pretty huge discounts for signed copies at her website. (So cool to be able to gift signed copies - so fancy!) You can find all the details there - truly, I couldn't recommend it more!

(Oh, and yes. She emailed me back. And she seems just as likeable as her book)
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this book also. Thank you for loaning it to me. It reminds me of two of my favorite authors: Elizabeth Berg and YOU! I have ordered a copy for a gift for Christmas, but will probably buy copies for myself and several other people too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put it on my to-read list (which hasn't been touched in years. Awesome). 6 months until I can read whatever I want!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?