Monday, November 30, 2009

Murphy's Law, Arizona Style

We finally washed the car on Friday afternoon.

*cue applause*

Thank you, thank you.

It hadn't been washed since about May. It's a nice light color, which I like to say hides the dirt. But the hiding that occurs is sort of like when a small child "hides" behind a flagpole - doesn't quite cover it all. (Translation: my car really, really needed to be washed).

So we take it into Danny's, the place in town that does the works - last time they got done with my tires The Mister kept telling people they were Pirelli's they were so shiny. [The Mister's edit: That's because they ARE Pirelli's. The added handling is a must for a hybrid.] (My edit: What The Mister means to say is that the guy at Discount Tire was a pro at the up-sell.) Everything was spotless afterwards and it all smells so fresh and clean.

While we were there waiting to pay, I noticed a small sign near the cash register about a 24-hour rain check policy. That amused me. It rains so infrequently in Arizona that I can't imagine how annoyed I would be if it rained RIGHT after I got a car wash. Apparently, it's such an extraordinary stroke of bad luck that the car wash people will do another one on the house, as long as it's within the 24 hours.

Anyway, I drove away in my fresh, clean-smelling, shiny car.

And 25 hours later, it rained.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. see? that's why you don't wash your car in arizona. it's like a rain dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time we need rain, we'll know who to call. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?