Friday, November 20, 2009

Coming home is the best part of my day

Yesterday.

I started out in rather disastrous fashion (remember?).

After my skin biopsy in the afternoon, I was hosting several new guests - stitches in my back. I've had them done on my back before, and it's a tough place. Hard to sit or position yourself comfortably for the first day or so.

So The Mister got a spot all fixed up on the couch, and made me some whole wheat buttermilk pancakes with homemade apple butter on top of them. He got me glass after glass of water when I wanted it, so as not to make me get up and jostle the wound, and he got a heating pad and laid it on my cold feet.

Later, when my wound started bleeding, he stayed calm even though my shirt had a growing golf-ball sized pool of blood on it, and made me lay down on the floor while he applied pressure to it and tried to keep me warm at the same time.

He got me more Advil, and helped me get dressed for bed. Because he was scared of re-opening my wound, he couldn't get close to me and snuggle, which is the way we like to sleep, all warm and cuddled together like puppies.

And so we fell asleep holding hands.

And that's how it became kind of a good day after all.


Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. oy vey this is adorable. what a nice story writer you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... What a nice story. Yeah for the Mister and his kind ways. Hope you're all better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?