Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yard Sale

Yard Sale -023.jpg

This weekend our friends Fred and Andrea were having a yard sale.  We had heaps of things intended for the donation pile, so the timing worked out perfectly for us to stop by for a few hours and try one last time to see if anyone else actually wanted to give us money for any of our stuff.

As always with yard sales, it somehow worked!

Favorite item that someone actually bought: A five-gallon bottle of Windex (thanks Costco) that was only about a quarter depleted after I've owned it for three years. (I hope for their sake that they have an entire house of glass.)

Favorite item that nobody bought:  Andrea's  yellow bowl that looked just like sunshine.  I loved it, and would have taken it home in a heartbeat if I had a functioning kitchen, apartment or pantry. Which I don't.
Yard Sale -050.jpg
Best dressed:  Andrea, who wore her signature heels...at 7 in the morning...at a yard sale.  We've been friends for three years and I have never, ever, even once, seen her without heels.  She's classy, folks.


Best thing about yard sales: getting to eat an unhealthy breakfast as congratulations to yourself for waking up well before 7 on a Saturday.
Yard Sale -020.jpg

Worst thing about yard sales: Mentally comparing how much you are selling your stuff for with how much you originally paid for it. Wondering how much money you have spent wasted in your life on material objects dumb crap that you didn't really need.

Oh, and I got to see this sky.

Float away


Also - this weekend a photograph of my trip to the Middle East was featured at the Matador Network, a website for travelers.  I'm still blushing a little bit.  Check it out.
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. You make me smile - always have - always will! After you left, Fred said, "We can't lose them." So be sure to stay in touch. And if you wouldn't mind, remove the picture of my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the sunshine bowl is yours; I'll keep it for you when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you're too cool to be friends with me. Wish I were kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Andrea - you crack me up

    @ Christie - yeah right, you've taught me everything I know. I think I learned all my moves from you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?