Monday, September 20, 2010

In Which I Geek Out

Birthday in DC-002.jpg

So yesterday was my birthday.  The Mister whisked me down to DC, in a sweet chariot called "the DC metro", and took me to lunch at an awesome little Italian place in Chinatown.  The pasta was handmade and so delicious.

Then, we went to the National Museum of American History.  I tend to really, really geek out around museums.  I love them so much that I once spent a summer interning in Death Valley because it involved working in a museum (let me repeat: summer. Death Valley.).

And the crown jewel of the entire Smithsonian is, in my humble opinion (not! If you say another museum is better I will fight you) the National Museum of American History.  Did I mention that I also interned at this particular museum for six months when I was in college? I did. I got to wander around on my lunch break and see the attics of this museum - Seinfeld's puffy shirt, the original Kermit the Frog, C3PO, the star-spangled banner.  I get tingles thinking about it.

Anyway, The Mister is a smart man and knew that this would make my day - and it did.  We took the metro through my old commute, walked along the mall and through the city, weaving our way around the monuments.  It was a beautiful fall day - and a perfect day for celebration.

Birthday in DC-017.jpg
My old stomping grounds - this is the view from where I used to work.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! I'm so glad The Mister made sure it was just the right thing for you.

    This is a rare area where you and my Mister differ, as he does not like to spend a lot of time in museums. Although we were fortunate to have visited the famed Smithsonian (enough for me to agree that this is the most amazing museum ever!), we did not spend nearly enough time there. Would have loved to have seen C3PO....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's Air and Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.fieldmuseum.org/ ...Isn't this where 'The Ghost and the Darkness' rest in peace? (Loved that movie). Happy Birthday,

    Uncle mark

    PS- Please don't fight me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?