Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Mom reads my blog

A mother's love

  
My mom isn't really a blog reader. She paints masterpieces and coaches figure skating and mentors younger women and mothers her three grown girls and generally has other pressing matters to attend to than the pithy ramblings of her middle child.

So she doesn't stop in too much. Which is okay in my book. Like I said, she's savin' the world, man.

But the other day, I stopped by her house, and she took my hand and gently led me to the refrigerator.

"I have something for you" she beamed, opening the door to reveal a lovely ice-cold bottle of raspberry lemonade, waiting for me.

"I know it's your favorite" she confessed, "because I read it on your blog!"

And it was the best raspberry lemonade in the world.

It tasted like a mother's love.

So, in short, I welcome my new reader and I add the age-old greeting:
"Hi Mom!"

   
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. AWWW that is very sweet. She is speaking your love language. I want you to know that your blog is so fresh and appealing. Cant wait to hear all about Spain.
    Love Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very talented! Even if I AM yo Mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?