Saturday, September 18, 2010

Naptown, for realsies

I almost don't want to tell you this, because you will almost certainly make fun of me, but when I was in high school in Maryland, we referred to Annapolis as "Naptown".  NAPTOWN.  As if we were gangsta or something, with our popped collars and pink and white polka dot hair ribbons.  I mean seriously, is there a preppier place on earth than Annapolis, Maryland?

But, it's where I grew up (mostly) and you just can't deny your roots.  This morning The Mister and I grabbed the mama-in-law and headed downtown to the old stomping grounds - we had been in town almost 18 hours and had yet to eat anything crab-related.  And if you're from this town, that simply won't do.  So we went to the docks, got pre-birthday cupcakes from Nostalgia Cupcakes, and ate crab dip and crab soup at Chick 'N' Ruth's Delly, which also holds the distinction as being the first date site of The Mister and I.  Magic happens in there, obviously.

The day was beautiful - 70ish degrees and sunny (don't hate me, Arizona peeps - I love you!) - and I also got to meet up with some college besties for an outdoor lunch.  Overall, a lovely day.

Maryland -171.jpg

Maryland -176.jpg

Maryland -178.jpg

Maryland -183.jpg
I may or may not have maaaany memories of eating ice cream cones from this very shop, back when The Mister was, like, soooo cool because he had his driver's license and could take us down there HIMSELF.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. All this talk of crab made me hungry. It also made me think hmmm a three hour drive isn't that bad is it? If you want authentic Maryland crab dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm I still call Annapolis "Naptown"! I'm excited to read about your new adventures! I still love the fact that I met you in Burundi, of all places. Pretty sweeet! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?