Thursday, September 30, 2010

In which I sniff at the bus system



Spain is lovely.  So far, our experience has been full of sunshine and siestas and wine and tapas and all the things that Spain is generally known for.  Rainbows and butterflies.

Except for one thing.

*dun dun duuuuun*

The bus system.

Can we please talk about the bus system for a minute?  The bus system is from Hades.  This bus system is the stuff of nightmares, engendering the kind of confusion that makes small children cry.  It is all-powerful and goes everywhere and does everything, but it is next to impossible to figure out.

The lines are color-coordinated, which makes sense.  And they are labeled with numbers, which also makes sense.  But the thing that kills me is that there are no stops listed on any of the maps. You get to know the general route of your line, but you have no prior indication where any of the stops actually are.

As if that weren't enough, there is no one bus stop at each location.  There are bus stops. With an "s".  So if you know that you need to catch the bus by the park, the entire block of streets near the park will be lined with a dozen bus stops, on both sides of the street.  Each stop has a few lines assigned to it, and there is not a map that shows where to catch which bus at which stop.

Are you confused yet?

Me, I think it is some kind of diabolical plan.  I don't know who is responsible, but I am suspicious of everyone I see.
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. LOL about the bus system! I have family in Spain - if I ever make it to visit, I'll be sure to ask for a ride instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...sounds way too confusing!!! :) Glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?