Sunday, September 26, 2010

It appears that we will not have to move into a cardboard box

Ole! I think - emphasis on think - that we found a place!  It's a teensy little studio, but it is inexpensive and happens to be about 50 yards away from the sparkling Mediterranean Sea.

Sí, we said, we shall take it!

Only we said that in Spanish, so the possibility for some grave misunderstanding is high.

Honestly, my Spanish is entirely inadequate for this task.  I know enough to make myself understood, but any question unleashes flowing rivers of Spanish from the other side of the phone that drown me in beautiful meaningless syllables.

But we've managed fairly well despite the odds and I think I know about twenty five more Spanish words than I did yesterday, which is certainly progress!

Next step: learning to navigate the bus system.
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I hope with this new dwelling place comes internet+photographs. Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah and Ron, I don't know how to bet past "Anonymous" yet because I need some code...but I just wanted to say hi. Love, Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm so where is that spare bedroom? Jamie is on her way!!! Debbie (I'm with Aunt Wendy)Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Christie: YESSSS!

    @ Aunt Wendy: Anonymous works! Thanks for stopping by!

    @ Debbie: WISH we had a spare bedroom! We will have to see where we can put people!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?