Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I now have Chinese takeout AND internet

    
.....I am proud to announce that I am posting this from my very own internet connection at my new Spanish apartment!  *cue orchestra crashing into celebratory tunes* *cue HUGE sigh of relief*

Looking for an apartment in Spain is, to be perfectly honest, about three levels of Spanish fluency above my own.  We are awfully lucky that we didn't end up accidentally telling someone that we would like to rent their one-bedroom spotted giraffe.

But, here we are! And I will come back tomorrow with some more stories, because boy, this has been an adventure so far.  But I know that what you really want to see right now are pictures anyway, so here are a few of the new 'hood.

All of these were taken within a five-minute walk of the new casa.

First Days in Malaga-118.jpg
These are our new Roman ruins.  Lovely during the day - luminous and gorgeous when lit up at night.

First Days in Malaga-123.jpg
Gardens

First Days in Malaga-127.jpg
So dang European.

First Days in Malaga-114.jpg
Tropical flowers left and right

First Days in Malaga-105.jpg
First day at our beach

First Days in Malaga-091.jpg
Heavenly

First Days in Malaga-070.jpg
"Are you sure you want to come in? It's coooooold"

First Days in Malaga-074.jpg
"BRRRRRR"

Back tomorrow!
Tweet It! Facebook

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you're in desperate need of a third camera operator to take photos that show both of you at the same time.

    Call me, we'll discuss my fees. ;)

    Oh... and did you really move to Spain for Chinese takeout? I mean, I know a few places around here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estoy curioso, cuánto questa para rentar una jirafa con una cuarto? Con manchas o sin manchas, lo que es más economical esta bien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinese takeout? In Spain? This does not compute! Oh, but your computer does, so this makes many of your fans very happy indeed! Glad to see you're doing so well, although I would have loved to have seen what a one bedroom giraffe looks like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, if Shel Silverstein got so famous with his Giraffe and a Half.... what can YOU do with a One Bedroom Giraffe??
    Love the pictures of the new 'hood.... and of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Hannah - How kind of you to offer services! :) And never underestimate the power of comfort food!

    @ Gantry: El sur de Espana es un poco mas barato que en el norte. Cerca de la playa y la centro historico en Malaga, un piso con una habitacion es 4-500 Euros cada mes, y un estudio es 350 Euros cada mes, mas o menos. Tenemos un estudio. Es mucho mas barato que Phoenix! :)

    @ Andrea: Miss you guys! Have some Port o Subs for us!

    @ Mom G: Shel and I are pretty tight so I should DEFINITELY be able to market this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?