Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mosquito dessert

San Juan-022.jpg


Having lived in the desert for the last three years, I'd forgotten how awful humidity is.  It is, it's awful.  Muggy and swampy and full of mosquitoes.  I am one of those lucky people who mosquitoes don't usually bother with.  I was in the middle of Africa during the summer a few years ago and just stopped taking my anti-malarial meds because I realized that I hadn't gotten a single bite in months.

The Mister, however, is another story.  They flock to him. They love him. They think he is delicious. He is their chocolate.

So we've spent the past few weeks having middle-of-the-night wake up calls where he turns on the light and goes berserk trying to hunt down and kill the one mosquito that slipped in through the curtains, while I blearily look around and slap the wall once or twice to make him think I am helping too, when really I am just trying to go back to sleep. And wouldn't you know that the random wall slapping has actually worked - twice?

Either way, one thing I'll be looking forward to about our upcoming month in the forest is the lack of humidity and, hopefully, mosquitoes.

Because I am not a miracle worker.


Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Por favor?