Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer camp, parentheses-style

Gredos Scenery-009.jpg

Gredos Scenery-013.jpg

We finally got all moved out of our apartment and settled in our new home for the month, a summer camp in Gredos. It's about 45 minutes outside Mádrid, which means it's hot (during the day), cold (at night), and best of all, mosquito-free (yay).

We've had a lot of fun so far meeting new coworkers, hanging out in our residence (it's a monastery) and trying to not choke on the heavily-salted cafeteria food (but hey, we didn't have to buy groceries, cook or do the dishes so it's worth it).

I'm the camp photographer and blogger (do you think I qualify?), which makes writing this post interesting, because I feel like I'm working after hours (I am).

But so far, this camp gig seems pretty sweet (I mean, we live in a forest now. I always wanted to live in a forest. For a month).

Did you have a fun 4th of July? Did you have a bucket of fried chicken under the stars (the only way to celebrate the 4th)? 
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Ainssss I wish I could have you, Katie (mine) and George come blog and hang out with me in the Ts room. Have fun and keep Mandy in line for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having fun! Cat, I love George.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?