Friday, July 8, 2011

Monitor Party-002.jpg

This summer camp stuff is some seriously hard work.  We've all been putting in about 14-hour workdays, and the environment is exactly what you would imagine a summer camp to be: frenetic high energy! All! The! Time!

Whew.

So last night we decided it was time for a bit of a part-ay. We made sandwiches and guacamole and a very fancy roquefort cheese/endive thingamajig that was delicious. The Mister got some tunes flowing, because that's what he does, and we danced the night away.  Well, until 1:30 a.m. anyway, at which point we suddenly realized that we had to face a bunch of 7-year-olds in about six hours.

We're in the country and when they say it's dark they mean it's DARK, so the only photos taken were of our food prep. So that's what you get to see. Sorry.

Monitor Party-004.jpg

Monitor Party-006.jpg

Monitor Party-008.jpg

I am including this picture because I couldn't keep the ridiculousness to myself.  I mean, I'm pretty sure that I'm actually chewing in this shot (I swiped some guacamole every free moment I had and shoved it in my face when no one was looking), but it looks like I'm giving Jessica the Stink Eye. I look sassy. And like I'm in need of a good night's rest.

Which I was.

Monitor Party-011.jpg


Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. This is SUMMER camp, right? Why are you wearing scarves, sweaters and sweatshirts?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine came later :)

    Andrea - we're up in the mountains, so it's cold at night! It's hot and sunny during the day though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?