Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Four.


Today I want to tell you about this man I live with. I adore this man.  I liked him so much that four years ago today, I married him.

In what is quickly becoming a bit of an anniversary tradition, here are a few things I learned about The Mister this year:

He likes olives but only if they're Spanish olives and only if they're green and have pits.  No pre-pitted olives, please. Half the fun is getting the pit out well (says he).

For the words "coup" and "recoup" he forgets which one has a silent p and which one doesn't.

He doesn't mind putting a cold soda can directly on the beach sand. If the can gets sand on the outside, it gets sand on it. No worries. He's not going to let it ruin his day.

If he finds a pair of shoes he really, really likes, he will buy two pairs for when the first one wears out.

He still hates coffee, mushrooms, and oatmeal, and continues to feel very ambivalent about breakfast eggs.

He now eats fish if it's something nice and mild like cod, and fried eggplant, octopus, and he has acquired a taste for a nice crisp piece of lettuce on top of deli sandwiches.

He's an occasional sucker for watching really bad movies all the way through to the end, long after reasonable people (and by that I mean me) have drifted away to do something else.

He likes soccer and is a Barcelona fan, not a Madrid fan.

When he says the wrong thing when he's speaking Spanish, he shakes his head and gives this cute little grin that makes his dimple pop out, so I kind of look forward to him messing up.
----------
More fun trivia for you is that I took the below picture on our honeymoon, and I added in the text a few months later.  We came to Europe on our honeymoon, and spent a week in  (*drumroll please*) Marbella, Spain. Which is about 20 minutes away from where we live now.  We really had no idea that we'd ever be back. Life is funny sometimes.


Very, very funny.
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! We have seriously discussed this: If ever there were a perfect couple, it would be the two of you. May God bless you with many more years of discovering and loving each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?