Thursday, October 14, 2010

She always wears colorful neck scarves because she is a fashion plate

Behind bars
Now signing autographs

At the end of each class period I give my students five minutes of time to ask me any question they want, provided that they ask me in English.  They usually wind their faces all up really tight, concentrating with the force of Zeus, and then spit out something like "I like cats?"

"Do you like cats", I have to remind them, and they nod vigorously, beaming, glad that I am smart enough to conjugate it properly.

So today in one class a little boy asked me if I have any pets.  I do not, in fact - it's one of my failings as a human being (depending on who you ask) that I am, in fact, not particularly fond of domestic animals.  But these kids had just spent a few weeks on some pet-related vocabulary, so I talked about my parent's dog.  

"What ees the name?"

"Do you like play catch?" (i.e. does she like to play catch)

"She have yellow hair?"

So I wrote her name on the board and we talked about her habits and looks for the next several minutes. 

The problem is that this dog, my parent's dog, is a pretty little thing and very much the diva already.

Now she can add "I'm huge in Spain" to her resume.

So shhh. Nobody tell her.

It's better to keep her in the dark.

Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. See? You love her.

    P.S. - you blogged about Fuz before you blogged about your little sister. A little upset.

    P.P.S. - (or P.S.S.? I don't even know what that stands for.) Awesome pic of the dog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Em.....P.S. = Post Script. Look it, up, college girl!

    @SB.....I think a guest post by The Mister would be pretty cool. He's kind of a rock star around these parts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Em and HH -- P.P.S. = post postscript... good job on the first guess, Em.

    And isn't it wonderful that Furlough looks so humble in spite of her growing fan base?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction to the accuracy of this text....
    Possession of said animal is "Parent's" (singular..aka...Dad) NOT "Parents' " (plural) meaning...not Yo Mama's dog

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?