Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Castles and Questions

El Castillo-149.jpg
Mi ciudad, from the top of the hill.  I earned this picture.

Today dawned bright and sunny, and slightly on the fall-ish side.  A perfect day for a *cough* hike.

Okay, here's the thing. I hate hiking. The Mister loathes hiking almost as much as he loathes horses. We will walk 6 or 7 miles a day around town and not break a sweat, but strap on athletic shoes and call it a hike and I faint with dread.

So there's this castle on this hill behind my house.  Here is the castle:

First Days in Malaga-118.jpg

It's mostly a series of cobblestoned switchbacks to get to the top, but frankly this hill is pretty steep, and so I'm going to go ahead and call it a hike, because its my blog and I can cry if I want to.

The 360 panoramic view of the sea, the hills, the whitewashed pueblo towns, and the city were so very Spanish.

El Castillo-145.jpg
Defending the castle from invaders. The Mister said I looked almost as talented as Legolas.  If you understand that joke, I regret to inform you that you are a dork. 

El Castillo-134.jpg
At the top of the castle tower - The Mister channeling Jacob MacIntyre

And now - the important stuff! I've gotten a lot of emails lately with questions about living in Spain, teaching English, being abroad, daily life here, and all that jazz.  Methinks it's time to do FAQs again! If you have any questions regarding any of the above, or who I think will win the World Series, leave a comment (or email me) and I'll attend to it shortly.
Tweet It! Facebook

8 comments:

  1. YOU DID THAT TODAY? i wore a sweater, a jacket, a scarf and boots and was still cold! just the sevillano in me, i suppose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that I don't know what "talented as Legolas" means because that, then, means I am not a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brando - hikes that YOU lead are okay....*wink*

    @Cat - We get those warm African breezes down here - I was in a tank top in the sun!

    @Andrea - you, my dear, are definitely non-dorky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiking... I remember you coming back from said hike with Brandon - filled with such glee (not!). "Never again' seems to come to mind... My recommendation, keep walking without the athletic shoes!

    Andrea, I am a non-dork, too, I guess!

    What foods are you most missing? What foods are you most excited to have daily access to in Spain? Tried the local chorizo yet? And, has Ron got a new guitar yet? Started learning flamenco yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, copping to dork here... perhaps as parent I supportively watched the movie in which Legolas starred.... perhaps more than once, even... And, yes, Sarah, you do have a bit of his body language and archery style in your pose...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legolas - fantasticism. Castles....envoking more jealousy. Your writing = entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?