Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A beachy, sangria-y kind of day

Around Malaga-048.jpg

Today was our program orientation - isn't it nice that it's the week AFTER school started?

The Ministry of Education was lovely and threw a big bash though, so that made up for it.  They spend a few hours going over our health care information, our general guidelines and all that, and then they took us to another room and kept the tapas and sangria flowing for hours and hours.  They hired a band that had mullets and short shorts, and how can you not dance to a band like that?

I would like to take a moment to point out that this part-ay took place at 2 p.m. on a Wednesday. La vida española, indeed.

When it was over a group of us walked down to the beach and took our shoes off and let the cool water run over our danced-out feet.  We stayed until the sun was setting in the western sky, and walked home, tired but happy, and with new friends.

Overall, a good day.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. haha, i remember when the jutna de andalucía paid for hotel rooms in granada...in sevilla they get stale pastries and bad coffee! what did i get from my welcome party at school? 16 books and about 309753765 pages of cirriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AACPS throws a big bash for new teachers... just not with wine and tapas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found you! I don't know how, but during our move, I missed out on so many of your posts. It's great to get caught up with you again, my friend. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying your experiences, your new friends, and the whole new environment. My sister just got back from Spain, where she spent a week playing tourist. Anxious to hear all her stories, too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?