Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This really happened.

True story:(don't you love it when a post starts off like that? You just know something outrageous is coming)
Yesterday, I was at a conference about immigration reform. It was a wonderful conference, about a very worthy issue. It was meaningful and informative. I loved it.
But something happened that will permanently color my memory of the day.
I was sitting at a table with some rather prominent leaders in our community.
During the talk (a great talk!), one my neighbors reached down to his note-taking piece of paper
ripped off a litte piece of the corner
wadded it up
and ate it.
At first I was bemused. Spitball? In this crowd?
But I never saw the reappearance of the piece of paper, not as a slobbery projectile or in any other form.
Mystery?
Indeed.
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. The person might have been a smoker. It they couldnt get a smoke and had no gum, they might have chewed on paper to satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent point! Anyone have any other theories?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?