Friday, January 29, 2010

A check off the to-do list

Every year, for the last couple years, I think about how I'd like to make a scrapbook. It goes on the old to-do list, where it sits woefully unattended until about July. I have successfully made scrapbooks in the past, and I love the process of making them - the creativity, the artsiness, that fun that comes from knowing how much I'll enjoy looking at them in the future. But my living room. My living room does not like scrapbook making. My carpet does not like it either - the sudden infestation of thousands of bits of teeny tiny paper scraps.

So, this year, I decided that the next-best thing would have to do: I shall pay someone else to do my scrapbook making! And I enlisted someone called "Shutterfly" and I have to say, they did a wonderful job. Pre-made template, drag and drop, add captions, and cough up 35 bucks - DONE!






The moral of the story?
Outsourcing: not always a bad thing.
Tweet It! Facebook

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And, boy, would I ever like to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the way to go when I look back at the old scrapbooks that are falling apart.... although there is some pleasure in actually handling the pictures of my babies.... of my loved ones who are not here..... it will be a while before I begin again with redoing old scrapbooks,so I have time to think it through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I have seen several of those done by a computer. New technology, go for it!
    Love Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those. Gave a few as Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?