Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a fresh new year!

Hello blogland, I am back!

I missed you, and I hope you had very merry holidays. I like saying that holiday greeting, because I believe it is the only regular usage of the word "merry" in American English, and I think "merry" is such a good, jolly word.

Here is what I did over my Christmas break:







Ate candy and sweets

















Completed our traditional holiday puzzle











Drank mimosas and slept in late
















Played ping pong with my mom's new set







Went to Mexico to visit friends Shaun and Maria and their house full of crazy fun teenagers












My Mexican friend Maria taught me to make authentic tacos (hint: fry them, baby. Don't be afraid)












Did I mention that we were in wine country? With green, rolling hills? And sunshine? And vineyards? And tacos?










When we got home, we took advantage of the beautiful weather by playing outside a lot.

P.S. That dimple....that dimple absolutely slays me.

















Self portrait number one: too much light.













Self portrait number two: rotate 180 degrees. Too much shade.


Clearly, we have a lot to learn.









Oh, and whenever possible over your Christmas break, I recommend going to San Diego and doing this for a couple hours.


Just a hint.
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Shea: "It's Ron and Sarah! They're funny!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A high compliment from Shea! I am flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the photos... how come Sean wasn't in any of them? (Missed them at Mt.Hermon this year... sigh.) Now you can teach me to fry taco shells and I will make the guacamole... Makes me hungry just thinking about tortillas - especially fried ones! Glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you! So glad you're back! Sounds like you had a wonderful break, and I look forward to seeing all of the new tricks with your camera. Oh, and anytime you want to practice your culinary skills on us....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?