Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blogovulution

This blog started out 200 posts ago, in the spring of 2008, as a way to document our trip to Africa.


Then, when we returned from Africa, it had a little crisis. What to do? No scintillating African adventures to blog about. So it sat dormant, wheezing along at a pace of approximately one lame post per month.


But here's the thing:


Having a blog for that space of time made me realize that I liked blogging.


This is my second blog ever - my first attempt was during my study abroad semester in Prague in the fall of 2006 (hyperlinked in case you want some retro fun and have a lot of free time on your hands). And I actually had really liked it then, too.


And I sort of though that, you know, the two travel blogs created a great scrapbook. I printed them out and put them in the back of the respective photo albums as a little addendum.


And then I realized that: 1.) I liked blogging. It's fun to have a little forum to write whatever I feel like writing. 2.) It's sort of like my little scrapbook. It's a fun record of things I might not otherwise write down. 3.) Why not? All the cool kids are doing it.


And so, I resurrected my blog. Redesigned it. Actually starting posting regularly. Not about anything in particular. A Seinfeld-ish "Blog About Nothing". Collections of thoughts, in as many different moods as colors in a rainbow.


And something happened - you all humored me by sticking around.


I'm not really sure where this blog is going next - and I like it that way. It's sort of meandering along like a river in late summer. No direction, doesn't have to be anywhere in a hurry, is nice and warm and welcomes all swimmers.


But thanks for hanging around and reading my silly thoughts.


Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite stops before heading out to start my day! So, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a great way to start my day - it's like getting a little present when I see that you've written something. So congratulations on this, your 200th posting, and best wishes for many, many more. It's always good to know what your great mind is thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing 'silly' about your blog. it is insightful, delightful, sometimes inspiring, and never predictable. that makes is so worth while in addition that it comes from you...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?