Monday, October 10, 2011

A tour of Málaga's best

 This statue is in one of the main plazas in Málaga, and I gotta tell you, I just love this thing. It's artsy in a senseless, are-we-supposed-to-pretend-we-like-it? sort of way, which is just so....European.

The best way I can describe it is two short, stocky cherubs doing a nakey-time ballerina dance of some sort. Her position is, um, a bit compromising, to say the least, and he appears to be rubbing his right ear against some of her (gravity-defying) lady parts. 

Malaga-016.jpg

Oh, and the best part? The little guy has hair that looks exactly the same as Robert Pattinson's in the first Twilight movie.

Malaga-018.jpg   
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I was doing a clase particular right next to that statue and an old lady walks up curiously to it, leans over and tilts her head to see his manly parts and exclaims, "¡Que pequeño!" and huffs off. My student and I couldn't stop laughing for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...are-we-supposed-to-pretend-we-like-it?" Unfortunately, that's the way I feel about most art - especially statues. I feel as though I must be extremely uncultured if I don't get all "ga-ga" over it. I mean, I can appreciate the efforts that went into creating these things - I know I could never do it - but at the same time, thinking, "Huh?!" Thanks for "saying it out loud"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! That's hilarious!

    Andrea - agreed!

    And thanks Mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?