Friday, October 7, 2011

Autumn

Northeast-121.jpg

Fall is in the air. It's still warm and sunny, but no longer stifling. 

Last night was chilly. The Mister disappeared for a while while I read a book on the couch, and when he came back he had wine and snacks. He told me to put my shoes on, and then took my hand and led me outside to our front yard - the Mediterranean.  Everything was black and white, the color drained away by the glowing light of the brilliant moon.

We drank the wine, laid down on the chilly sand, and listened to the waves breaking softly on the land. We imagined the lives of the people whose boats were floating, all lit up, off the shore. This one is an old retiree from Greece, we guessed, and that one is a Spanish family from Galicia in town for a wedding (if you don't play that game, you should try it sometime.)

And then we went to bed and dreamed dreams of autumn under our warm blankets.

  




Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this entry! Sounds like an amazing night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry! Bravo! (Or is that bravisimo?) Whatever - it's excellent! Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! I'm Kenya, I met you the other day at orientation. I really enjoy reading your blog and your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?