Friday, May 20, 2011

A picture buffet - little of this, little of that

Family in Spain-008-Edit-Edit.jpg

Having my family in town was awesome for several reasons:
  1. Seeing now-familiar sights through their newbie eyes - it takes me back to the beginning and reminds me how much craziness and wonder is available to me (well, to everyone, to be honest) every time I step outside my front door. For an example of this principle in action, please refer to the above picture, in which my little sister almost barfs on the plate of sardines. This picture is just begging for a frame and a spot on the family mantlepiece.
  2. My dad brought me Via coffee singles and - get this - BUFFALO WING SAUCE. You'd better believe that I am preparing my tastebuds for the onslaught of delicious spiciness that Spaniards loathe so much.
  3. My sisters make me laugh and let me borrow lots of clothes and jewelry.
  4. My mom brought me chapstick and chili powder - please see item #2.
  5. Discovering that my little sister Emily is an absolute sniper at guessing in Charades, and that my mom is not above stuffing cards out of sight during a sneaky round of B.S.
  6. Because I love them.
Family in Spain-039.jpg

Family in Spain-032-2.jpg
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!
    Awesome pictures! And nice comment on mom's cheating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to have your family visit!

    I didn't know sardines arrived on a plate without having come from a can first. Although I'd like to try them fresh sometime, I'd like them to take the eyes off before being served. There's something about having my food look at me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so addicted to chili powder, I cook with it almost every night. I'm already decided that I'm going to bring the biggest container I can find with me. Big thanks to your family for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea - I'm not even a fish person, but the sardines are really good! Very salty and lemony...and a little smoky from the grill...mmm.

    Richelle - DEFINITELY bring a big can! I've found almost everything else, but chili powder has eluded me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?