Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Portugal we go!

We start at the sun and go left.

Next week is a week off in Málaga schools, so we find ourselves in the position of being footloose, fancy-free, and in a convenient spot to do a little poking around the neighborhood.

Our fellow teacher friends Becca and Bradley had been planning a trip to Morocco...until the protests started there.  Probably good for Moroccans, but bad for Becca and Bradley's dreams of camel-trekking through the desert.  So we collectively put our heads together, and thought:  ROAD TRIP!

And so, to Portugal we go, from the south all the way up through the north, along the coast, and we're hoping to take a jaunt around northern Spain in the Galicia region, seeing as we're up there.

I plan on taking a kickin' playlist ("Tiny Dancer" by Elton John is a must-have on any road trip, in my book, and it must be sung at the very top of the lungs), plenty of road snacks (Spanish-style though of course, ham-flavored potato chips anyone?), and of course my trusty camera La Rebel.

Since we're taking a car and don't have to cram everything into a single backpack, I'm also bringing along some blogging equipment, so I'll keep you updated intermittently while we're on the road.  And, of course, pictures will be a-comin', so stay tuned!  I'm sure there will be some interesting stories, especially seeing as how none of us have driven a car in at least six months, none of us have driven stick shift in a few years, and we don't speak Portuguese.  No sweat, I'm sure.
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. "Hold me close, Tony Danza!"

    I miss that car ride. It rocked. I miss my siblings all in one area.

    WAY TO GET OFF THE ISLAND!

    P.S. Can you tell I'm more and more like dad every day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. I've wanted to go to Portugal for years and I'm sure a road trip is the best way to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?