Monday, February 7, 2011

LSAT, Round 2, because I have a death wish

IMG_3995.jpg

This coming weekend The Mister and I are hopping a plane to Madrid to take the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test  or Legally Sanctioned Authorized Torture, depending on whether you have a sense of humor or not) (and you do, I know you do.)

We've been studying for weeks, but I haven't really blogged about it because it's boring. Nobody wants to hear details of someone else's academic head-beating, and especially not when it's the second time - that's right, I took it one time before and underperformed.  And by "underperformed" I mean that I scored ten points lower than my practice average, which, trust me, is wretched.

Anyway, the point of this entire tangent has been to tell you that there is not a single pencil sold in the whole of the Kingdom of Spain (totally it's official name) that has an attached eraser.  Spaniards prefer to write with one utensil and erase with a separate one.  The erasers here are not even pink and rectangular like in the States, they are white and square.  And the pencils are not orange, they are black with yellow stripes. And, as mentioned, eraserless.

Now I can rest for the day, knowing that I've provided you all the vital cultural information and hard-hitting reporting you've come to expect from this blog.

Sarah reporting from Málaga, Spain.  Back to you, Tom. Over and out.


Tweet It! Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your test/torture.

    We've got those white blocks in Canada too. We affectionately call them gummies (could be regional, haven't traveled enough of Canada to know if they call them that everywhere or not). I always thought they worked a lot better then the classic pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when the LSAT was coming up... glad you are still in the game! Not glad for the torture, but glad for your tenacity and full-throatle determination to do your best! I am cheering you on (again)!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. mcuha suerte!! im going crazy reviewing modísmos for my DELE in May, so I can attest. Better to get it over with before the nice weather rolls around!
    besos from sevilla (come visit?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you both fail the LSAT. Then, in your misery, you will move back to Phoenix and both start respectable careers on the West side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes from the states! Rising to the challenge can only make us stronger!! But afterward, remind yourself that what will be....will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha those pencils always make me laugh. I don't understand why they need two objects to do the job that only one object can do so well. I did find a place that sells the pencils with attached erasers though! Spaniards...gotta love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?