Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The pros win on both counts


untitled shoot-015.jpg
A bracelet present I got from my student Lucía today

Today I just missed my bus.

I was on my way to work, and I saw it pull away just as I ran up.  Brutal.

Pros of public transportation: no hassle of owning and maintaining a car.

Cons: They set the schedule, not you.

So I ran into my first grade class five minutes late, a little out of breath.  The children all turned to me as I came in, shouting hello and delighted to have any distraction so they could stop listening to the teacher.

"Sarah's just a bit late" the teacher soothed, trying to shush the students.

"Well, of course she is!" one little boy cried out, indignant at the apparent insensitivity of his classmates, "she came all the way from the UNITED STATES!"

And he was totally serious.

Cons of teaching children: they are loud, unruly and not nearly discreet enough about bathroom matters.

Pros: stories like that.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Told this to a couple of girls in my class. There was a collective "AWWWW!" in that tone of voice :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, some teachers live in school.... you commute from the United States daily.... what amazing minds little ones have

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! So adorable. I am assuming you are in a colegio. But hey, at least you always have an excuse - you came all the way from the US! I use my poor foreignness as an excuse from time to time. (Ooooops.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?