Monday, February 14, 2011

Do you think he lost a bet?

Madrid-038-Edit.jpg

After The Mister and I got back from Naples a few weeks ago, The Mister has been pestering me to write a more in-depth article about the pizza wars.  I deferred at first, saying that writing an article about how good the pizza was would only make me want to eat more of it, which I can't, so it would ultimately be a frustrating exercise. Which turned out to be a little bit true.

But I digress.

Finally The Mister won out, and I sat down and pounded out a little ditty on our single-minded dedication to finding excellent pizza in Naples.  When I finished, I sent it over to Backpacking Matt because his blog specializes in detail-oriented articles like that.  And you know what? He published it today.

Should you so desire, you can read the piece here.

As for the above photograph, I just thought you might enjoy it. It was taken yesterday afternoon at Plaza Mayor in Madrid. You are not missing any context.  It was as random and sensationally eccentric as it comes across. You'll have to forgive the shaky picture quality, as I snapped this one surreptitiously while holding the camera at my waist.

To be honest, I don't think I'm ready for that jelly.
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention & guest post - absolutely loved it and can't wait until I get to sample some Neapolitan pizza myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting at a coffee shop laughing like an idiot; out loud, twice while reading this.

    Do you think this guy can truly cling to the side of buildings? He looks to have unwarranted patience; or like a master artist taking in his creation.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?