Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Photo Friends, Listen Up!

Okay, so I've mentioned here before that something momentous is about to happen in my life.

It looks like this:





By the way, I am sharing this camera with The Mister, who is actually quite artistic and a very good photographer. This surprises people who only know him as The Engineer, but the knowledge that he is not a one-trick-pony will not surprise any friends who have seen him a.) dance, b.) bake way better brownies than I, or c.) sing and accompany himself on guitar. But, there is a downside to sharing...a HUGE downside.

I want to be super girly and get a fun fabric camera strap cover
like one of these, or camera bag like this. The Mister snickers heartlessly and vetoes all overly feminine accoutrements, breaking my heart into ever-smaller pieces. This is going to be a unisex camera, he stresses.

*Sigh*


Anyway, I had a point before I got sidetracked. I know there are a lot of photo-lovin' folks out there, and some of you that I know have digital SLR cameras but aren't quite sure how to use them or need a refresher. I signed up for a class with photographer Maggie Holmes to give me all the background knowledge that I'll need to start taking the kind of pictures that I love to look at (I can't believe I just ended a sentence with a prepositional phrase but I really didn't see a way around it. Your pardon, please?). I am now on a mission to get as many friends sign up with me as I can! The more the merrier, I say.

Her online beginner/intermediate course runs six weeks starting in early January, and if you have a DSLR and are interested in becoming better at photography and knowing your camera better, check it out!
Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new addition to your family! I'm sure you and The Mister will figure out the "shared" thing.

    And...if you're up for a photo outing, give us a call!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?