Monday, December 21, 2009

Dear Hannah

Dear Hannah,

You are my only big sister. You taught me about how to properly lip sync to Amy Grant's "Baby Baby", and how NOT to serenade someone with a warbling rendition Bette Midler's "Under the Boardwalk". You taught me about Alanis Morissette and blue fingernail polish, and now that we're older you show me how to apply liquid eyeliner and powder foundation and what kind of bracelets don't slide up and down your arms all day (always get the stretchy kind).

You are having surgery today. Your gall bladder has been having an attitude lately and it's time to give it the old heave-ho. You have been waiting patiently in the hospital since Friday evening to be scheduled. I was THIS CLOSE to finding your surgeon myself and demanding an explanation.

I love you, big sister.

Gallbladder or not.


Love,
the middle child.

Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. So shall I presume that Hannah is okay now? I'm not sure what the emoticon/symbol means....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Hannah is okay now, thanks. :) The <3 emoticon is a heart... I was touched by Sarah's post, but unsure how to express it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?