Friday, December 18, 2009

Giving


I feel approximately seven years old.

That's how psyched I am for Christmas morning this year.


Sure, I am excited to receive (who isn't, let's be honest).


But this year, I am jumping at the bit because I can't wait to give! I have a few things up my sleeve that I am hoping the gift recipients will love with all their might, because
I love them with all my might.

Try using that logic in a court of law. I dare you.



P.S.
All philosophical implications aside
I am also excited
that the Christmas menu
includes prime rib
and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
does it get any better?
I submit to you
that it does not.


P.P.S.
How are we feeling about holiday cards this year?
The thing is
if I start a tradition now
I am not sure that I will ever be able to take a year off
without feeling guilty
(or so I'm told)
so -
I submit it to you
To card or not to card?



Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. We are doing cards this year (By the way-- need your new address stat!), but the last time we sent them out was, uh, 2004? I think we did an email newsletter in '05 but that's it.

    I figured that we'd spring for cards this year because I love receiving them and because it's been so dang long since we did it last (as in, we've popped out two children since then).

    Yay gift giving! I just wish I was more organized and had all my gifts squared away already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As to cards, I had to cut back quite a bit this year, and opted to "go green" where I had email addresses. I love the tradition of getting cards and reading the letters of people I care about.

    A comment about giving: I learned this year that it really is the best part of Christmas. When I was told "don't bother" sending a gift to my Dad who's in a nursing home and sometimes isn't coherent, I realized that I had to send him something because it made me feel good to do so. He may not like what I sent, and he may not know it was from me, but I feel better knowing that he was remembered.

    Our menu for Christmas dinner is Beef Wellington, which I have never had before, but because my sister and family are coming here this year and that's their tradition, that's what we get to eat. Should be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that as Andrea said, 'not to card' is the more green option. But greetings can still be conveyed via email or - BLOG! Do a Christmas Card blog post, and call it a day! (Link the post to FB and the card will also go to all your FB friends.)

    And, if you keep blogging, that will be a great Christmas gift for us friends all year long. (Hint!)

    But as to starting a tradition - and whether it will be sustainable in future years or not - maybe your tradition is to send cards every other year, or every 5th year, or once a decade... whatever suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tara - sheesh I'm behind - Ron told me that he sent our address to Adam though, so I am excited to recieve a little Bamford love in our mailbox!

    @Andrea - Beef Wellington - report back, please! I am intrigued! Oh, and that maple pepper on baked apples = divine

    @Kelley - you, my friend, are much too kind. And full of good ideas - I will definitely do a blog card!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?