Monday, December 14, 2009

Sweet Republic



On Saturday evening, The Mister turned to me. We had been slugging away at Spanish for a little while and needed a break. (Turns out, watching "The Fox and the Hound" scene by scene in Espanol is a rather mentally taxing activity).


"I think we need some ice cream", he announced.


I was on board.


So we trucked down to Sweet Republic, a locally-owned, retro-stylin' ice cream shop, where the decor is wicked cool and the ice cream is never boring.

Never boring, you ask?


Allow me to illustrate:

Basil Lime sorbet

Salted Butter Caramel ice cream

Earl Grey Tea ice cream

Pear Ginger sorbet

Bacon ice cream


Yup, I really did just say that. Bacon! Ice cream! We tried a sample. And would you believe me if I told you that it was really, really, really good? It was a sweet, creamy, smoky, salty, nutty burst of flavor and texture.


Coldstone, Schmoldstone, I say.


So if you are lucky enough to be in the Phoenix area, I urge of you: get your sweet-treat-lovin' behind down to
Sweet Republic, stat.





*lovely photo taken from la website de Sweet Republic*
Tweet It! Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm jealous! I saw that van at the farmer's market and wanted to try their ice cream - but probably not bacon. Come to think of it, if I'd gone there with you, I'd probably still be there trying to make up my mind. Someday we'll get there - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?