Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Living in a monastery

New camp, new city, new astonishingly rural part of interior Spain. (Try saying rural ten times fast, that is a sticky word.) For the next two weeks we're headquartered in a teensy pueblo in Castilla La Mancha, land of Don Quijote and tilting into windmills. 

Oh, and we live in a monastery.  A 16th century monastery, to be exact, and it's situated on the only hill in a land as flat as Kansas, so it just kind of reigns majestically over the countryside. It's a lot like living in Hogwarts, including the ghosts. But that's for another post.

Here's some of the view - it isn't too shabby.
Ucles-7069.jpg
Ucles-7063.jpg
Ucles-7066.jpg
Ucles-7067.jpg

And as a special treat because I know you loved the pictures of camp food, here is what they served us as we were leaving our camp in Gredos: two grayish hard boiled eggs with cream sauce (i.e. mayonnaise) over top.

In case anyone was wondering, I think there is a  colloquial term for when you serve someone this for dinner: it's called "flipping them the bird".

Gredos-6889.jpg
Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. You're in Uclés now? We're headed there for the second quincena. Can't wait to see it, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish we were going to get a chance to meet! We're only here for the first quincena, so we'll JUST miss each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Ucles, I love that place like none other. I kinda almost cancelled my flight because La Banks needed someone for beginners the second quincena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured...but we have a friend who was placed in Málaga for next year, so when we make it down there, I'll let you know! Enjoy Ucles!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?