Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Open Letter to Mom and Dad

Cordoba Granada-115.jpg

Dear Mom,

You are a painter.

I wish I were a painter.

Because there are pretty things here in Spain.

So, how about you come visit me and you can get ideas and go back and paint me some pictures?

Okay?

Okay.

Miss you lots and love you always,

you favorite middle child



Dear Dad,

I have now taken to reading the morning paper on the bus. No electronic versions and link clinking, but the actual paper.

Sometimes, I fold it as loudly as possible and rattle it so that it lays just so.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

Also: Please make Mom like olives before she gets here.

Love you,

me.
Tweet It! Facebook

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you're in Spain! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Continue to love your blog Sarah. I just have one question. WHen do you have time to work in the classroom? LOL
    Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post and I love all the photos on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes! the ever satisfying paper rattle. I knew you'd come around.
    I think you and I will have to go on the olive tasting field trip while yo mama is practicing up for the oh so famous Spanish siesta.

    Or i can grab a couple of those white bags from the seat back pocket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll barter with you - no olives for a painting! Can't wait to take in all the beauty and attempt to put it on canvas :)
    I want to paint the picture from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have liked olives when I was there. Now I do and I so regret not enjoying them in Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?