Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I would be well on my way to being European now if only I liked tuna in everything

Mijas-021.jpg
Classic Europe

First off, welcome to anyone hopping over from travelblogs.com!  They featured my blog yesterday, (oh my gosh I always seem to leave off a letter when I'm hyperlinking - will you forgive me this once if I just leave it?).  On a side note, I like their use of the phrase "hatch a plan" in my blog description, and I think I am going to start slipping it into everyday conversation, i.e. "What are you up to at the moment?" "Oh me? I am hatching a plan to go to the grocery store."  It has a nice ring.

The Mister, I am happy to say, is much better, after I hatched a plan (see?) for him involving Tylenol, about 8 collective gallons of water, tea and 7-Up, and the fourth Harry Potter movie. He is now resting and hatching a plan (okay, I'm done) to use his sickness to soften me into watching The Matrix with him. Just between you and me, I see right through him.

I am also proud to announce that I have reached a milestone in this adventure called "living in Europe" - have crossed the invisible barrier, if you will.

*Drum roll please*

 I got my first ride on a moto last night.


Oh yes, I did.

I gave some private English classes to a family from my school, and afterwards the dad gave me a helmet and asked me if I minded getting a ride home on his Vespa.  I was jazzed. I did have to confess to him, rather embarrassingly, that it was my very first time on one, because I was a little worried that if I did not, I would sit down and wrap my arms around his waist and he would be shocked, thinking, "is this girl trying to HIT ON ME? Why isn't she USING THE HANDLES?" or something to that effect. So I thought that all things considered, it was better to confess my naivete and get a full tutorial than risk doing it wrong (in a possibly disastrous way), you know?

Oh, and the ride was everything I thought it would be. It was so Europe. Narrow cobblestone streets with the streetlights flying by, viewing the world through a Vespa helmet. Perfect.



Also a note: My button for Africa posts on the sidebar is now working.  Oops, didn't realize it had been broken.
Tweet It! Facebook

13 comments:

  1. Haha, love the moto story, and the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story and that photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog...I'm trying to get a job teaching English in Spain as well. Did you go through a program?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily! I am here with the Spanish Ministry of Education and am paid by the government. You can find out more here http://www.educacion.es/exterior/usa/es/programas/auxiliares_us/aux_us.shtml, or feel free to send me an email for more info! (Email on sidebar)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your writing style -- still chuckling about the potential vespa faux pas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SARAH!!! Where is the picture of the vespa?! What kind was it?! color?! engine size?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jamie - it was super dark so I don't even know what color it was! But I'll pay more attention next time! I'm sure it wasn't as cool looking as yours is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! I want to just roam around Europe like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeous colors and your blog is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I've said it before, but I just want to emphasize that I really, really love your blog, mainly because the writing style is just so YOU. And your photography is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?