Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When shortcuts lead you astray

 
 
Dear Wangs,

You are my favorite take-out Chinese place in this decidedly non-ethnic town. Your Yu-Shan Chicken and Mandarin Hot Beef are just a two-block stroll away, and you'd better believe that we take advantage.

But, here's the thing:
I get it why you label your containers with what's inside. They all look alike on the outside. I even get why you would want to shorten "Yu-Shan Chicken", since that's a kind of long thing to write on a carton when you're all busy and trying to get orders out and everyone-wants-extra-egg-rolls-for-heavens-sake.

But dare I suggest a little more attention to detail?  You should carefully consider the cosmic implications before you write this on my dinner next time:

Shorthand gone awry


P.S. See how there's so much sauce that it's overflowing and everywhere? I like it like that - keep up the good work. And the sauciness. In all meanings of the word.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. ahahahahahahaha

    this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh how funny! Great capture of regular everyday. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! I shudder to think what would have happened had it been FU-Shan Chicken! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?