Tuesday, August 17, 2010

If you look hard you can see Kafka over my shoulder

When I was a junior in college, I studied abroad for a semester in Prague.  Even now, few things can bring me to misty-eyed romanticism more than thinking about that dreamy city.  The German poet Goethe (don't even try to pronounce that) once called Prague "the prettiest jewel in the stone crown of the world"...and it is.  It really is.

Anyway, I was digging through photo archives the other day in an effort to cleanse my overburdened hard drive.  I just wanted to share.  And in the future, remember I told you: don't even get me started about Prague.








WHAT? HOW DID THAT LAST ONE GET IN THERE?

Oh well.

I have nothing to say for myself.

It was Europe.

And Oktoberfest.

And college.

A powerful combination.
Tweet It! Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Ummm... Shea just saw this and said, "Does she have THREE Milks, Mom?? She has three milks and you have two?" (Yes, she calls them "milks" and I don't have the heart to correct her yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! I tweaked it a bit in case there are any other baby eyes reading this - we'll just have to have a PG-13 slideshow of college pics another time (oh come on I KNOW you and Adam have a few!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't mean that in a "we were offended" way, just that it was funny to hear her interpretation of it. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zipper earrings!! A family heirloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful - thanks again for sharing. It makes me want to go there, right after I see Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?