Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It begins!

The way we were. Sniff.

And the moving has commenced!  Seeing as we're going to be gone for a while, we're taking the opportunity to get rid of all our stuff. All. Our. Stuff.

This makes The Mister jump to the rafters in delight.  He loves moving so much that he thinks everyone should be required to do it once a year, just so that they all clean out their crap and experience the lightness of spirit that comes with having just purged useless belongings.

I am not quite so enthusiastic (is anyone?) but I will confess that I have rarely if ever truly missed something after it's been gotten rid of.  And it definitely makes me consume less, as I think to myself: do I really want to buy this book? Or can I get it from the library? Or a friend?  Basically, is this thing worth packing it in a box and carrying it to a moving truck in 110-degree heat?  And if the answer is no, then it probably won't get bought, because sooner or later it will face the wrong side of that question and then I will have to decide what to do with it.

Last night we got sold our desks, which we loved until we both got laptops and found that the "desk" known as "the couch" is more comfy than the wooden ones, and also sold a pretty wall table that got a zillion responses on Craigslist.

And so it begins.
Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Por favor?