Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wireless Wednesday

Photobucket


A new tradition has been taken root over the past several months. Some would call it "Sabbath". Some would call it "Blackout". We call it "Wireless Wednesday".

One evening per week with no cell phones, no television, no laptops or internet.

A few Wednesdays ago, we had a Trivial Pursuit throwdown. I won't tell you who the winner was, because I am classy, but let's just say hypothetically that it was me. (Just between you and I...that's because it was me.)
Did you know that the Phoenix Art Museum is free on Wednesday nights? It's open until 9. And my favorite restaurant happens to be inside the museum. Dinner and an evening at the quiet, empty art gallery? One of my favorite Wireless Wednesday activities.

Another Wednesday, we went to the library on a cold evening and holed up in the group study room, studying Spanish sans laptops and drinking hot tea out of travel mugs. It was way more productive than studying WITH the laptop, to my surprise - amazing how distracting all the information in the world can be.
Tonight we are going to make dinner, cuddle up with blankets on what is supposed to be a rainy night, light some candles, and talk about our future. Some major things could be looming for The Mister and I.
I'll take that over technology any day.
Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Por favor?