Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yes, it's true, they go topless sometimes

Malaga-074.jpg


Oh boy is it getting warm here on the Costa del Sol! The beach is starting to fill up with topless female Spaniards, Speedo-ed male Spaniards, and scandalized British tourists, who almost invariably look like Harry's Uncle Vernon (Harry Potter reference, for those of you who missed the zeitgeist).

Me, I am a sunblock-and-umbrella kind of beachgoer. I suffer from a syndrome called Trying To Avoid Cancer. I have alabaster skin, you know. And freckles.  Skin cancer adores people with freckles.

Anyway, I am starting to feel alone in my caution. Everyone else is out roasting like shrimp on a barbie and there I am, reading my library book in the shade. I feel lame.  But at least I don't wear this strap sandals over tube socks (see above re: British tourists).
Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Correction: You suffer from a syndrome called White Girl.

    You have a severe case. Past the point of no return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a fellow alabaster-skinned-freckled sunscreen-slathering female: don't give into the pressure. Not only are we preventing sun cancer, but in twenty years (maybe less) we will look way less wrinkly than them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?