Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Edinburgh, the haunted city

The next phase of our trip after the Highlands was wondering around Edinburgh.  What a cool city. It's full of old graveyards (it happens to be the most haunted city in the world, did you know?) and castle turrets and cheerful, hardy people. Their accents are hardly understandable, but everyone was just so danged pleasant that I just nodded and smiled all the time anyway.

I offer as picture proof:

Scotland Nottinghman-134.jpg

Scotland Nottinghman-149.jpg

Scotland Nottinghman-164.jpg

Scotland Nottinghman-172.jpg

Scotland Nottinghman-179.jpg


Scotland Nottinghman-130-Edit.jpg

Scotland Nottinghman-114.jpg
Tweet It! Facebook

7 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Suzan and I found your blog through Expat women and love it! Specially the title!
    I moved to Spain from California (although I'm originally from Brazil) and enjoy reading blogs like yours. Funny how I'm also recently went to Edinburgh... just had a post about it. Maybe we crossed by... hehehe... if you saw a girl with a baby on her back and a hubby on her side that was me!
    Oh and nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, I don't know if you always go to really beautiful places, or you go to ugly places, but you manage to create beautiful photography from the things you see. Either way, I love the photos, your comments, and especially seeing your smiling face. Although I miss you so much, it's such a pleasure to get a little "taste" of your company through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I found your blog and your travels look wonderful. Hope you enjoy spring in Spain and in Europe, it's just lovely now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are like putting an Ian Rankin Rebus novel into pictures. Last time I was in Edinburgh I had to sleep rough in Waverley Station (long story).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah...and happy birthday to your little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely pictures of Edinburgh - I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?