Friday, April 15, 2011

It's United Kingdom time!

Antequera-057-Edit.jpg

This coming week is Semana Santa in Spain - Holy Week.  Schools are out, processions involving the Virgin Mary are in.  The Mister and I will be here through the weekend to take part in some of the festivities, but next week we're taking advantage of the school vacation to visit Scotland and England.

First we'll be in Edinburgh for a few days - I've always heard what a great city it is, so I have high expectations here.  Maybe we'll see ghosts (it's supposed to be haunted, you see), and I'm hoping to try both Scotch whiskey and haggis.

Then we'll head to Nottingham via London, where we'll get to visit a pair of friends that we met while in Burundi in 2008. Christy was a roommate of ours, Duncan was a roommate of a friend, and they met and sparks flew and now they are married and living in Nottingham.  That's the condensed version, but you get the general idea.  Anyway, we haven't seen them since we were all keeping crocodile watch in Lake Tanganyika, so we're pretty excited to get a chance to hang out.

I'll try to check in a few times next week, and never fear - my trusty camera La Rebel will be by my side.
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. oh Edinburgh! I went there about a month ago for a weekend, and loved it. All the small slide alleys are perfect for mysterious shots, and there are great bars, too! I wrote a post about my visit to Edinburgh, in case you want to check out!
    http://www.100mileshighway.com/2011/03/photo-essay-extraordinary-colors-of/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find an aged single malt Scotch.... sip, enjoy and sip again. Don't rush the experience. Savor and order another. You will never forget the experience! Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure that you check out Mary King's close in the old Town of Edinburgh, over looking the Nor' loch. Book if you can. It is crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?