Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

Picture by my friend Tara at Third Book Photography

This year was a lazy year. We did nothing, had no dreams, and our biggest accomplishment was that our plastic grocery bag collection finally hit the 500 mark.

Kidding!

Obviously, we've had a real firecracker of a year.  We began it in Phoenix, land of the eternal (infernal?) sun, took detours to San Diego, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Portugal and Maryland, and we sold all our stuff and moved to Spain. We'll finish off the year with travels to Paris and New Year's Eve in Rome. This year, we took the LSAT, packed up our cubicles, went olive picking, slow danced a lot in the kitchen, learned Spanish and jumped in pools with our clothes on.

Favorite reads of the year included A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, A Prayer for Owen Meany, and To Kill a Mockingbird, as well as anything by Jane Austen.  This holds the distinction as being the year that I finally waded my way through Lord of the Rings, both the movie (extended edition!) and the book.  I was under obligation to read the book, having lost a bet against the The Mister, and I liked it alright, although I liked the movie much better.

This was also the year of developing photography skills, and it's a little hard to believe that we just got our beloved camera La Rebel a year ago this Christmas, because I might elect to have it surgically attached to my hand if I could.

It's been a big year for the blog too. It went from about 100 hits a month at the beginning of the year to four thousand a month by the end, and had a major design overhaul. So many new opportunities and new friends.

In short, this year has been jam-packed with action and love and big grand life moments, and we couldn't be more grateful. To all of the friends that we've shared belly laughs with this year, thank you for making our lives a little bit better.  To our families, our parents and sisters and brothers, in-laws and outlaws, we love you all fiercely and are pretty sure that you are incredibly lucky to be related to us (kidding!).

2010, you've been good to us. You'll go down as one of the great ones.

On to 2011!
Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. What a great wrap-up for a great year for you. It makes me a little tired and a little envious to read all of it, but I just feel so pleased that you share a small part of our lives and a big part of our hearts. Thank you for being you and for sharing some of you with all of your adoring fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your blog and all about your adventures. Here's to a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your plastic bag collection and I can't wait to hear what 2011 brings.

    notsospanish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?