Monday, March 19, 2012

The view from here

I have an iPhone, and it doesn't have internet. I mean it works if I have wi-fi around, but I don't pay for the data plan and so the poor thing is like a bird without wings. 

I find though that the iPhone is pretty much incredibly useful even without internet: GPS locators (she's navigated us on successful roadtrips through both France and Portugal), the ability to easily flip between languages so I can text in both English and Spanish, iBooks (it's like a pocket Kindle, I read all sorts of books on there in PDF form), music and podcasts, and so on and so forth.

And, of course, the camera. Here's the view from here lately:


Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look so good!! Very cool pictures!

    Which iPhone and company do you have? I have a 4S from AT&T... How did you get it to work on a Spanish network?? I've been trying forever but with no luck, since AT&T refuses to unlock their phones to use on international networks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an iPhone 4 with Orange. I bought it in the States with AT&T, then unlocked it. The Mister did it - I have no idea how. Then he put in a SIM card from Orange. It's a little buggy at times, but overall it's been awesome! (oh, and we did manage to avoid paying a huge cancellation fee with our AT&T contract, but that took a LOT of sweet-talking of the customer service people and in the end it came down mostly to luck!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh ok.. I've been trying to find an unlock but to no avail so far! I'll be in Spain this summer and hate using my crappy Spanish phone while I'm there haha

      Delete
  3. I asked The Mister about the 4S and he said the jailbreak isn't out yet and might not be out for awhile. It takes them a while to crack these things. So keep your fingers crossed that they figure it out before the summer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?