Monday, February 13, 2012

Wet, dry or somewhere in between



Pan de Trigo-097.jpg

You are thinking: laundry hanging outside! How pretty and quaint!

They are thinking: ugh it looks like it's going to rain, I'm going to have to wash everything again tomorrow. If I had a clothes dryer I would never complain about laundry again.

I know because I currently have sheets hanging up to dry. They are our only pair of sheets, and so I'm praying that they'll be dry before bedtime. We repeat this process frequently. Sometimes we end up with damp sheets.

In the summer things dry in 24 hours. In the winter we have to plan two or even three days ahead. No last-minute jeans washing here. 

I miss clothes dryers.




Tweet It! Facebook

3 comments:

  1. I love how in the summer your clothes dry so quickly and they have a fresh clean smell. Your right these cold damp winters begged of me to use my dryer. Ahh heaven..clothes that are dry within the hour, nice fluffy towels,jeans that fit,etc.. but then it all had to stop (I know, I know..) after I got my bill and picked myself up off the floor, I decided Hey! patience is a virtue and cruchy ain't so bad. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 sets of sheets probably won't break you... just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christine: Soft fluffy clothes....mmmmm. But agreed on the electricity bill wallop!

    @Portland: fair enough. It's so hard though to buy something that you are only going to use for six months though. I inherited frugality/extreme cheapness from my mom and can't shake it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?