Friday, December 9, 2011

Euros in my pocket, dollars on my mind

Malaga-107-Edit.jpg

Things have come to a pretty pass when you are monitoring European bond auctions and long-term interest rates while eating your breakfast, just to make sure that the currency in your pocket still has the appropriate amount of value.

It's an interesting time to live in Europe - now, when everything is trembling in fear of collapse, the whole thing swinging precariously from one frayed wire, threatening with the slightest tremor to crash down around our ears. The papers cry Armageddon! and the politicians cry Relax! and nobody knows who is really right. What we do know is this: this isn't over, and before it's over it could be bad. 

As for me, I'll take my pocket money in euros but I want my savings in dollars, thank you very much.
Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Por favor?