Thursday, October 1, 2009

25 Things about The Mister



So I got tagged in another one of those "25 Facts about you" thingies on Facebook. But I already did one for myself. And no one besides me thinks that another 25 would be interesting.


However.


The Mister didn't do one.


So I will take this opportunity to enlighten you. 25 weird, random things about my favorite person. Let's have some fun with this, shall we?



1. Hates horses. Hates, hates, hates.


2. Loves little sandwiches. Like burger sliders and such. Why have one big one when you can have several smaller ones?


3. Knows every word to every single A Tribe Called Quest song, even the B-sides. A Tribe Called Quest is an old school early-90s rap group, for those not in the know.


4. Has a strange affinity for male falsettos.


5. Secretly dreams of being Josh Lyman from The West Wing, his hands-down favorite television show ever, and the show that made his interest in politics go from a middling 7 to a piping-hot 10.


6. Is a very lucky parking-space-finder. Especially at Christmas. Trust me, you want him in your car.


7. Reads a ton - mostly non-fiction, but his favorite books are all fiction including Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and some vintage Orson Scott Card stuff.


8. Favorite book of all: Pride and Prejudice


9. Nope, not a joke. For real. Can you see why I had to hang on to this man?


10. Guilty food pleasure: Chef Boyardee. Eats approximately once a year when I put it in his Christmas stocking.


11. Likes dill pickle spears, extra crispy and very cold. Scorns bread-and-butter style pickles.


12. Once won "Employee of the Month" at an enormous corporation. Not easy to do.


13. Resists getting an iPhone because he knows he'd immediately turn into one of those annoying "let-me-look-that-up-in-the-middle-of-the-conversation" curiosity killers. I admire his self-awareness on this one.


14. Loves NFL football but refuses to join any fantasy leagues because it would make him split his loyalties; rooting against his own team (the Redskins) or any of the players would be blasphemous.


15. Is very athletic: high school nickname was "Wheels" because of his speed.


16. Won "Best All Around" award senior year of high school as voted by his fellow classmates - I married him solely for his popularity.


17. His In-N-Out order: Double double. Spread only. No "vegetables". Extra pickles. Order of fries. Lots of ketchup. Cup for water, please. (The Mister really prefers water. So do I. We get accused occasionally by uncharitable friends of being cheap. Because no one can comprehend that we really just like water better. Those people's names are going on a list. And when we procreate, they will be the last to get to hold our child. Water haters.)


18. Wishes he could speak 10 languages.


19. Is one of those people who basically excels at everything. Throw a football? Check. Change a tire? Check. Can tell you the intricacies of the farm subsidies bill in Congress? Check. Can do the math in his head faster that you can type it in your calculator? Check. Photography? Ping Pong? 20 Questions? Rummy? He can pretty much do it all. It's really awe-inspiring/annoying, depending on your mood.


20. Is not grossed out by the concept of soda in the morning. (wife = VERY grossed out)


21. Has never had a cup of coffee. Won't try it. But, has eaten (and enjoyed) frog legs. Go figure.


22. Is quite musical. Has self-taught saxophone, piano, and guitar at different points in life.


23. Is color blind. (yup, really)


24. Is not ticklish.


25. Is really, really, really loved by his wife.


Side note: Don't you love that picture? It's so candid and fun. Food in his mouth, wine at his elbow, surrounded by good friends (okay I know you can't see all that, but trust me, I was there. Thanks Jamie for the rad photography skills!)
Tweet It! Facebook

6 comments:

  1. you are welcome. and i love me some orson scott card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best blogger ever! I loved this piece on Ron - some things I knew, many I did not. Being the kind of list maker I am, and one who likes to have available facts at hand (see iPhone comment)it's so handy to have so much info all in one place. Thanks for always being able to make me laugh, or at least get a good grin out of me at the end of a long day. You ARE the Best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun read! What's his beef with horses? I had no idea about the colorblind thing. Or the musicality. I think we should get a demo of that soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It brings me immense joy that you both love WW as much as I do. In fact, I'm watching it right now, in my jim jams, hoping to move to DC and marry a Josh Lyman.

    And I'm pretty sure the jack-of-all-trades thing (as cool as it is) would mostly annoy me! But you're the one with the blog skills, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In addition to #19: Put the correct gas in the hybrid car? Oooh...well earned check...now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pic -- makes me miss him! but so grateful he has you.... loved #25!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?