Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthdays and resignations

We celebrated my birthday with Sarah's family last weekend. It was a fun time. When you're eating fajitas, beans, and rice, it's tough not to have a fun time. And yes, I was born on April Fool's Day. Believe it or not, I've heard that that makes me an April Fool.

Legend has it that the day gets its origins from when a Pope ordered a shift to the Gregorian calendar, which meant that New Year's Day would be on January 1, instead of around April 1. Those that forgot that April 1 was no longer the first day of the new year were rather foolish indeed.

I can only stall for so long, so after some light hearted humor and a short history lesson, I can say that I'll be giving my notice at my job at the end of next week. I'm hoping and praying that it will be received well (with a loose definition of well). It will be a little difficult because I do enjoy the people with whom I work. I'm not looking forward to the awkwardness during the 3 weeks after I give my notice between myself and my co-workers.

By the way, I received a sweet birthday present which I'll be trying to incorporate in as many pictures in Africa as I can. I think you'll understand why:



Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

  1. OK, apparently I needed to be reading this blog all along, rather than waiting for the departure to occur. Then I read about the whole birthday thing and wonder if I should take offense, have tried to hold off for another 12 hours (on second thought, nix that one), or tell you that April 1 is the first day of the month that brings spring-- warmth, sunshine, nature's awakening... and therefore is a day of celebration, not of fools!! That's my story and I'm sticking to that one.
    Oh, and by the way, should I be on the lookout for a "I (heart) my Mom" T-shirt, so you will have two pictures to take??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you provide me with a shirt, I can sneak it into a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?