Saturday, June 16, 2012

A note on the future of this blog

Extremadura-051.jpg
Looking ahead. Or behind, depending on how you look at it. I'm a glass half-full kind of girl so I say ahead.

I debated back and forth for awhile. What to do with this blog? What do you do with a travel blog about living in Spain when you no longer live in Spain?

So here's what I've decided: I'm not going anywhere. Internetly, at least. I'm going to keep blogging  throughout the summer, as I navigate what is sure to be a fun (funny?) transition back to the motherland. 

I've never heard the overplayed radio hits, I've been told that there's something/someone (still fuzzy on that?) called "The Situation" that is somehow culturally important, and when I left America the word Siri didn't mean anything. My sisters told me that I am like their little alien that has to be taught how to be around normal people again. They said my de-Euro-ization will take at least six months (maybe longer in the fashion department?), but in the meantime they're willing to be patient.

At some point in the summer, I'll begin blogging on my new blog, which is in the final stages of my super-secret design and testing process (read: I've barely started throwing around ideas).   I'll leave this blog and URL unchanged so that anyone who likes can access posts about Spain and travel without having to sort through layers of stuff about life in Boston and Harvard. But I hope you come along for the ride over on that blog too, because even if law school is completely outside your area of interests, I bet there will be some incidents involving Boston baked beans or New England leaves in the fall or über-special people straight out of The Paper Chase (true or false? everyone at Harvard Law is a pretentious overprivileged trust-funder? tune in to find out...). 

In other words, I do not think it will be  boring. 

Is it ever?



Tweet It! Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on that de-Euroization thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you'll be blogging about Ha-vaaad and Boston and all things pop-culture-y.

    PS. Love how you snuck in the fun/funny reference. Clever clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaley, I'll need it! And Cassandra - how many times do you think the average English teacher corrects this mistake in EFL kids every year? One hundred? One thousand? I couldn't resist sneaking it in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gotta number in the thousands (and for adult learners, too)!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Por favor?